The Chronicle of Higher Education
The Chronicle of Higher Education is the leading source of news, information, jobs and commentary about the events, people, and issues shaping higher education in the United States and around the world. This project was 50,000 SF, two phase renovation to two floors in an existing office building in DC. Chronicle evaluated many real estate options but decided to start at their existing location and renovate in place.
Features of the space include:
- Hickok Cole developed a phasing strategy for accommodating the renovation and build out that included the tenant taking temporary swing space on another floor.
- This project was broken up into two phases, one per floor as well as the modifications to the temporary swing space.
- Additional common spaces such as team rooms, conference rooms, and a cafe were added to the program and concentrated around the interconnecting stair to increase connection among the employees on each floor.
- A strategy was developed where by the Tenant leased additional space in the building and moved from their existing space into new space on another floor.
- The floors were completely demolished and upgraded with new lighting, ceiling, mechanical finishes.
- Wood, glass and marble flooring were used to provide a modern, updated look commensurate with the organization.