Paramount Group, Inc.
325 7th St, NW, also known as Liberty Place, is composed of two buildings; the historic Fireman’s Fund Building, built in 1882, and an addition built in 1991. The existing lobby is a heavily ornamented series of spaces along a winding pathway to the elevators. Hickok Cole’s concept for repositioning the building was to completely transform the entry sequence by creating an ultra-clean, bright, and modern lobby that draws visitors in from the street and creates a clear pathway to the elevators. The transformation was achieved by carving away an unused portion of the second floor to create a soaring two story space, matching the two story opening in the façade. Entry into the building is through a minimalist glass cube vestibule beneath a canopy. Simple lighting and wood veneer draw the visitor into the elevator corridor where a large, contemporary glass lantern marks the path to elevator lobby. The lantern, a collaboration with Hickok Cole Creative, features a pixelated and abstracted tree design where each pixel is created by the numbers “325”, the building’s address.